Prescribed cipro (ciprofloxacin) for questionable uti can you crush it ? Scared to take it I had good experience with macrobid the nurse said cipro (ciprofloxacin) is all I can take

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Take the cipro (ciprofloxacin)

Just because a particular antibiotic worked for previous UTI doesn't mean it would be effective next time.
The best antibiotic depends on the particular bacteria causing each infection. In this case, it sounds like the nurse believes your UTI is caused by a germ resistant to Macrobid but susceptible to ciprofloxacin. Take it as prescribed. You can crush cipro if it's hard to take the whole pills.

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Adam Levy