8 yr old ankle bone bruise from soccer, 8wks now and only 50% better, still can't walk on it, really painful to the touch. What can we do? Help pLS :(

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: More than a feeling.

If the symptoms are, as you have described, then you are over do to be seen by a pediatric orthopedic specialist.
Eight weeks is too long a time for such minimal resolution of symptoms. I suggest you go off-weight bearing until the ankle can be (re) evaluated for a possible, as of now, un-diagnosed problem.

In brief: More than a feeling.

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

It may be a slowly resolving soft tissue injury, but it could also be a fracture.
A radiograph is indicated which your PCP can arrange. In the meantime, please don't bear weight on the affected leg. Ice and elevate the leg as much as possible. Many urgent care centers are open on the weekend and can order your radiograph.

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Shontae Buffington