I've had pain when taking a deep breath in my back and chest I have a rotator cuff injury that is said to have caused this but I think it's a PE?

Dr. Alexios Apazidis
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Causes of PE

PE and DVT are caused by either prolonged periods of not moving, injuries, or genetic clotting disorders.
In the absence of any of these, why would you have a PE. also, typically there would be a leg clot. Is your leg swollen? I agree the RTC tears don't typically cause back or chest pain but there are many other possible diagnoses, such as costochondritis, that would be more likely.

In brief: Causes of PE

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine