Does the vinegar test work all the time on GW? I wanna try it on myself but I just had a yeast infection and my insides are swollen....

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Very unreliable

Painting skin with vinegar (or other acid) is a terrible test for genital warts and HPV infection.
Some HPV infected tissues don't turn white, and some white spots are not HPV. Even in the hands of an experienced dermatologist or STD expert, the test is hard to interpret and unreliable. It is even worse by untrained anxious persons testing themselves. Don't do it; see a doctor instead.

In brief: Very unreliable

Dr. Jane Van Dis