Suddenly woken from my sleep with nausea and pressure just below the breast bone and felt like I was burning up. No fever?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: This is worrisome

If by "burning up" you mean heartburn, then it's probably just reflux esophagitis/ GERD and you can see checklists for managing that.
However, no chest pain should be taken lightly especially if you have risk factors for heart disease or family history of early heart disease. If it keeps up and doesn't respond to head elevation and antacids, you should get a medical evaluation.

In brief: This is worrisome

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham