My gum is quite sore when I eat..I think I may have cut it when I floss ed it has bend hurting for about 2 days?

In brief: Modify your techniqu

You need to find a way to floss without crashing the floss into the gums.
Use H2O2 as a rinse (Peroxyl) for a few days and see if that improves the discomfort. Avoid salty/ crunchy /spicy foods til its better

In brief: Modify your techniqu

Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Robert Douglas
Perhaps use a floss threaded to start the floss on the gum side of the teeth and pull the floss through away from the gums.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Minor gum cut

For healing a minor cut to the gums, rinse with warm salt water (1 teaspoons of salt in an 0.
5 glass of water), repeat twice a day until the cut is healed. If concerned, see your dentist after 7 days.

In brief: Minor gum cut

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Gum pain

Can be from over agressive flossing, being traumatized by hard food such as crusty bread, food impaction, or an abscessed or fractured tooth, etc.
If symptoms don't begin to clear within a day or two, call your Dentist for an examination.

In brief: Gum pain

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Marsha Davis