Have prescription for 1mg klonopin, (clonazepam) I normally take it every Sunday night, as I have anxiety and trouble sleeping. Is it ok to use this once a week?

Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology

In brief: That's a low dose

and an infrequent use pattern.
Good for avoiding dependence, but I wonder why you need it only on Sunday PM's? Do you sleet the other nights? Are you dreading work/school on Monday AM's? Probably ought to check out why and address that. Psychologists are great for just this kind of problem.

In brief: That's a low dose

and an infrequent use pattern.
Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Steven Griggs

In brief: OK to use

Yes, this is OK to use once weekly.
Your health care provider who wrote the original prescription should make dose adjustments as necessary to decrease the dose and get you onto medications that are more effective and with less potential for addiction/dependence. A follow-up appointment is needed.

In brief: OK to use

Yes, this is OK to use once weekly.
Dr. Jacob Petrosky
Dr. Jacob Petrosky
Dr. Eric Weisman