I'm a 34 yr old ex smoker but my skin is real thin for my age. Can retin a (tretinoin) thicken my skin enough that it won't tear so easily or heal so slowly?

Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: YouEatEnoughProtein?

Retin-A is more of an exfoliant;it gets the cells cranking faster (faster "turnover")so that it can supposedly "rejuvinate"itself.
Supposedly,the lower layers will thicken.But I've noticed that there is a great deal of individual variations in response to that med.It's pretty powerful. It's supposed to help with wrinkles, like the fine ones from smoking,but you'll need a dermatologist to supervise

In brief: YouEatEnoughProtein?

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Shontae Buffington