What'd it be if I have on and off pain in my right side of abdomen? I've been having diarrhea, taken Zantac (ranitidine) & ibuprofen to try to relief, to no avail.

Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Know wat ur treating

There's nothing in your right lower abdomen that ibuprofen or zantac (ranitidine) will affect.
Simple diarrhea will cause sharp squeezing pains that come and go and are not affected by movement or pushing on the area cause it comes from increased intestinal peristalsis (squeezing). If diarrhea more than a few days, or fever, chills, or pain is constant, or worse when moving or pushing on your belly, go to ER

In brief: Know wat ur treating

Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery