Upper leg calf cramp 2 days ago from swimming, hurts to straighten leg or flex foot and use heel to walk. Have always had tight leg muscles.

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Muscle Pain

If there was no trauma like hitting your leg against the wall etc.
Then it is pain in muscles after over use.It is common in people who do not do exercises routinely including swimming& your muscles are not used to it.With any kind of Physical Exercise you need to condition yourself.Starting small and gradually increasing the activity I suggest you rest your leg and take Ibuprofen or Aleve (naproxen) for Pain

In brief: Muscle Pain

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine