If never had blister or sore on penis or mouth, is it good idea to get tested for herpes? Last encounter year and half ago

Dr. Karen Butler

In brief: Why?

If you have no symtoms what are you concerned with? Now I think you need to give a full history of your concerns.
It seems you are worried. Best to speak with your doctor and see what your situation is.

In brief: Why?

In brief: Your Call

There really is no clinical reason to check but if you are concerned that you may have any STD (maybe because of an exposure) then it never hurts to be checked either. It really depends on how worried you are.
If it makes you feel better, get checked. Most local health departments offer anonymous STD panels at little or no fee or your doctor can run these tests for you if you prefer.

In brief: Your Call

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: YES

YES-please get tested.

In brief: YES

YES-please get tested.