I suffer anxiety and when my son goes off to school or something I think things like what if he was kidnapped and worry and get upset how do I stop?

Seek counseling. Please see a psychiatrist/clinical psychologist, phobias and anxiety disorders can be managed with professional help, wish yourself and you family wellness.