I had a shaking reaction to rocephin (ceftriaxone) injection at one time. The doctor prescribed me omnicef for a sinus infection. Should I have any issues?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Not Allergy

Shaking reaction and no other symptoms does not suggest Allergic reaction and it is perfectly alright to take Omnicef Allergic reactions if acute cause serious symptoms like shortness of breath and late signs are rash and itching Shaking reaction is more from anxiety of getting injection and not allergy

In brief: Not Allergy

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Probably OK, but...

Usually a "shaking reaction" after an injection is due to anxiety or stress, and not an allergic reaction.
However, depending on timing and/or other symptoms (rash, low blood pressure, etc) it could have been a serious allergic reaction. In the first case, no problem. But if it was allergy, it might be best to avoid cefdinir (Omnicef) and other cephalosporin antibiotics. Check with your doctor(s).

In brief: Probably OK, but...

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine