Is it safe to take 70000iu of vitamin A (fish liver oil) at one time?

One can take. that much at one time .... if one is deficient and under a doctor's care. The regimen for those known to be vitamin A deficient can be 100,000 IU by mouth or injection for 3 days, followed by 50,000 IU daily for two weeks. But 70,000 units should not be a daily dose. The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for adults is 3000 IU daily for men. Hope this helps! Good wishes:)
If doctor ordered it. Vitamin A calculations are complicated because the number of "iu" in each "mcg" varies depending on the source of the vitamin A (the type of vitamin A compound). Also, one doesn't truly know what exactly is in supplements, and how much is really in them, because they are not as regulated as "FDA-regulated" medications. See details at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/