I have a tooth gap in my front teeth and my premolars and molars too. My orthodontist says I need to get braces for 2 years and a frenectomy after that! Just getting a second opinion. Thanks?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Great Plan

Yes, frenectomy is done after the orthodontic movement is complete and about 4-6 weeks before the hardware is removed.
By following your orthodontist's advice, you will get the best results. Good luck!

In brief: Great Plan

In brief: Second Opinion

You should be looking for a second opinion from someone who can actually see you and treat you.
.. these decisions are very hard to make (and really meaningless) if done over the internet. The www cannot replace one on one contact with your provider. All the best.

In brief: Second Opinion

Dr. Scott Terry
Dentistry

In brief: Good Care takes time

If you want to have an excellent result, many times it may take time.
Many people can do "accelerated orthodontics" that may take approximately 6 months. It may only address the appearance of your teeth. Proper alignment of the teeth and the bite may take longer. Also be aware that there may be a habit that is causing your gaps. For example, a tongue thrust (habit during swallowing and speaking)

In brief: Good Care takes time

Dr. Keegan Duchicela