I've been prescribed 25 mg metoprolol for PVC symptom reduction. I have NOT started yet. I noticed with my FitBit that my resting HR is 53 when laying on couch, and goes to 40 while sleep. Holter "found" IVCD with sinus brady. Can I begin Rx?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Recheck

Recheck with your doctor or cardiologist.
A medication like metoprolol may slow your heart down even more and make you pass out. Do not take it until you share your HR information with them. Talk to them today or be seen if you are symptomatic. All the best.

In brief: Recheck

Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Good point

You make a good point that if you already have a tendency to have a low heart rate, there may ba a better option for you than a beta blocker.
I would definitely discuss your concerns directly with your cardiologist.

In brief: Good point

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology