I have been taking suboxone for 10 years. Jan,1,2016 I Take none. How much longer will I feel horrible, irritable? Is Vicodin a safer way to quit?

Dr. Marek Walczyk

In brief: For a while

If you used Suboxone 8/2mg daily for 10 years it is nearly impossible to just quit it, You will go through significant withdraws for weeks.
Suboxone treatment depend on your commitment and depends almost solely on you, Suboxone dose should be redused gradually over good period of time , somewhere from 6 months to several years. Even if you are on 2 mgs daily its hard to just quit.

In brief: For a while

Dr. Marek Walczyk
Dr. Marek Walczyk
Dr. Vikram Patel