For about a week now I've had a huge discomfort under my left rib cage to the point where I can only sleep in a certain position.. any ideas ?

Dr. Vicken Poochikian

In brief: Sprained rib muscle

You may have pulled a rib Ora muscle of chest wall, Try an Aleve (naproxen) twice a day with heat to hear wall, if not better on one week need a chest X Ray.

In brief: Sprained rib muscle

Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Dr. Jyothishree Pinnaka
Agree, need chest X-ray.
Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: The Devil Be Grippin

Sure, I've got plenty of ideas.
Maybe the toothpick you swallowed when you were three years old finally eroded into your lung. OK,OK, probably not. But I'll bet maybe you have an inflammation of the lining of your lung (the pleura) causing what's called "pleuritis,"and that can hurt real bad.But what caused it or what else it could be should be decided by a doctor.Try some Motrin and a heating pad

In brief: The Devil Be Grippin

Sure, I've got plenty of ideas.
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology