I have an expired mirena of almost a year... lately after having sex there is a pretty foul smell...I have already gone to the doctor to check for barterial or yeast infection and everything was fine. I am just wondering what else that could be caused by.

Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Sounds Just Yummy

Everything is fine? Not! You say you HAVE an expired Mirena (levonorgestrel)? Does that mean it's still in there? That could be part of the problem But even if it's not, a foul odor ain't natural.
Also, how soon after sex is there an odor? Is it there all the time or goes away and comes back (excuse pun) after sex? If so, how soon after sex? You might want to get tested again & also have your boyfriend(s) tested.

In brief: Sounds Just Yummy

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Jane Van Dis