Hi Doctor, i have 1 year old son and he is suffering from fever and cold. My doctor has given Nasivion 0.01% drops. My wife thought that we should feed the medicine to my baby and she did it. Later she realized that that medicine is for external use onl

Dr. Rajesh Kumar

In brief: Do not worry

A mistake was made and u have learnt from it.
NASIVION orally will do him no harm in the small amount u must have used. No side effects will result. So do not worry. For such and similar perceived poisonings u shd keep the 24 hour poison control center phone numbers in New Delhi, India. They will respond quicker than ur doctors and such portals. +91 11-26580691 +91 11-26589391.

In brief: Do not worry

Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: No harm done

It can still be swallowed inadvertently without causing a harm, and it also gets absorbed when instilled in the nose through the nasal mucosa.
wish you all wellness

In brief: No harm done

wish you all wellness
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Adam Smith