Prozac (fluoxetine) question. Do you think it's better to take it in the am or pm for someone with insomnia.?

Your preference. Hi Oleg medically it doesnt matter but different peopple can have different reactions. prozac (fluoxetine) can aggrevate insomnia for some people- they should take it in the morning. some people get tied- they should take it @ night. you can move it around the clock to see what is best for you .
Insomnia help. If Prozac (fluoxetine) makes you sleepy, take it at bedtime. If not, morning dose is fine. If your insomnia is from depression, overall sleep should improve regardless of what time you take dose as long as you take it every 24 hr to maintain a therapeutic blood level. If insomnia does not improve, discuss with prescribing doc or pcp to consider other causes. See: https://sleepfoundation.org/insomnia/content/what-causes-insomnia I hope this helps. Best wishes.
Depends. In general, most would agree that Fluoxetine (Prozac) is more activating than sedating. However, there is individual variability. If you take it in the morning and find yourself tired through it the first part of the day, perhaps it's better to take it in the evening. .
Insomnia, Prozac (fluoxetine) Prozac is a Medication for Depression, not for insomnia, it can have side effects. The effect of a single dose lasts for 24 hours Depending upon metabolism, some patients respond better while taking it in the morning, some in the evening See Psychiatrist for Diagnosis of insomnia, Anxiety; discuss benefits ans side effects of Prozac, medications for sleep-like Restoril (temazepam). Do Breathing Relaxation.
Try it out. See how it impacts you when you take it in the morning & then also try it at night. It may not matter. However, if it gives you more energy - take in am. If it makes you sleepy take at night.
Probably in am. If you have insomnia I would start off taking it in the morning. You might want to experiment because it could work the other way. ALso this is kind of medication that when you take it regularly , the effects are continuous so it is even possible that another antidepressant will be less likely to effect your sleep. It is possible that there are psychological factors that have to be addressed .
Morning. prozac (fluoxetine) in general may be more likely to be activating than other medications like it. I generally recommend taking in the morning so this does not interfere with sleep and potentially help with energy. if for whatever reason you find it makes you tired, I would not hesitate to try taking it before bed.
If taking it in the. PM causes worsening of insomnia, take in the AM, if it causes you to feel some sleepiness and helps with sleep, take at night. There’s nothing wrong with using a side effect of prozac (fluoxetine) to your advantage if you have one. If you’re having no sedation and no change in energy, it doesn’t matter when you take it as long as it’s every 24 hours, and you can take it at a time that’s easy to remember.