How is infertility determined in a woman, who is TTC?

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: Most infertility

experts ask patients to attempt for at least 3-6 months before any fertility studies! Remember the male is "easier" to study and often this is done first! So RELAX and find a OB-GYN who has experience and an interest in infertility .
..while you try "on your own" ....\ Hope this helps! Good Luck! Dr Z

In brief: Most infertility

Dr. Paul Garrett
Thanks for your excellent clinical perspective.
Dr. Paul Garrett
Radiology

In brief: Radiology opinion

Radiologic workup includes hysterosalpingography, where dye is injected in the uterus under fluoroscopy to see if the tubes are open (see picture).
It also shows the configuration of the inside of the uterus. Serial (repeated) ultrasounds are also done to follow egg production. There is medical work up which I hope someone else comments on, as I can't help you with that.

In brief: Radiology opinion

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: One year

We define infertility as 1 year of well timed TTC if you are <35 yo and 6 months if you are >=35 yo.
Track OPK or BBT and days of intercourse to confirm opportunity to conceive.

In brief: One year

Dr. Adam Levy