How can you reduce pain and swelling one month after meniscus surgery?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Post-op complaints

Did you have a menisectomy (removal) or a meniscal repair? - pain and swelling a month after surgery are not unheard of by any means, but it is also possible that you are overdoing it.
I suggest you speak with your surgeon and/ or physical therapist about your concerns. In the meanwhile, at home, you can use rest, ice, compression, elevation, tens (if prescribed), and/or nsaids for pain & swelling.

In brief: Post-op complaints

Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine

In brief: Knee pain

Try alternating ice with heat for your knee for about 10-15 mins at a time over a towel.
You may also want to try a topical NSAID such as voltaren (diclofenac) gel.

In brief: Knee pain

Dr. Eric Weisman