How might the absence of any noteworthy ill effects be explained, given moderate/heavy daily alcohol use & 5+ yrs. Of Adderall XR & Xanax (alprazolam) XR?

Long term effectsBAD. You may feel alright for now but long term it is going to affect your body. Long term abuse of alcohol can cause liver disease and Cirrosis. And you also get addicted to alcohol and prescription drugs Xxanax and Adderal. And if you stop abruptly you will get withdrawl symptoms . It is advisable to get off these if possible at age. 35 . Discuss with your doctor what choices you have.
Withdrawal. There is no explanation for that except for the fact that your body needs to continue to receive these drugs and alcohol for you to feel ' normal '. However if you were to stop then you would go through the effect of withdrawal.