I have none-displaced small fracture in 5th Metatarsal Base of my foot. It was swelling immediately after the incident; I was put into a splint After 18 hours I was put into a cast. I have been in the cast for 10 days now, I do minimal “home” walking. Mos

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

It depends on the specific location of the fracture.
An avulsion type fracture at the tip of the metatarsal is little more than a sprain of the foot and does not really require any immobilization at all. A more proximal fracture of the 5 th metatarsal is known as a jones fracture and requires strict non weight bearing in a cast to heal.

In brief: Depends

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine