"I was prescribed.75 Clonazepam for insomnia at bed time 3 month ago. Can I take kava kava on the same day not together for anxiety?

Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: Anxiety

Yes,it will not do you any harem

In brief: Anxiety

Yes,it will not do you any harem
Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Yes You Can Caution

You may take it for anxiety.
Affect of Clozanepam lasts between 6 and 12 hours.So you may take Kava Kava during the day It may be a good idea to notify or ask your Doctor if it is ok to take I do not see any problem except it may make you drowsy and you have to be careful.And it's anti anxiety effect is also very mild

In brief: Yes You Can Caution

You may take it for anxiety.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Asking Doctor if it is ok to take Klonopin and Kava Kava is Good Advice.
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Clonazepam,Kava Kava

Clonazepam is not a medication for insomnia.
It is used for Panic Disorder. Kava Kava can help with anxiety, it may take up to 8 weeks to see improvement. Using Kava can make you unable to drive or operate machinery safely. It may cause liver damage. See Psychiatrist for assessment of Anxiety; discuss benefits, side effects of Kava, Clonazepam, Therapy, Relaxation, Visual Imagery, Meditation.

In brief: Clonazepam,Kava Kava

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar