Believe I have developed patella tendinitis, what can I do to stop the pain when being active. Running, jumping, lifting, Ect....

Dr. Rick Pospisil
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Patellar tendonitis

Inflammation which we commonly feel as pain is the bodies way of letting us know that something is wrong.
Most of the time when it involves the knee cap,it is a result of doing too much ( eg running) too quickly. So. One of the best ways to help yourself is to decrease at least by a third the frequency and length of time doing the activity. One can also help by using ice, stretching, taking NSAIDs

In brief: Patellar tendonitis

Dr. Rick Pospisil
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine