My 1yr old threw a plastic toy and it hit me in the forehead leaving a gash (some bleeding) and big bump. This was 1 month ago. I still have a knot in my head. Why? Will this go away? Could it be infection? It's not red. It's just a knot.

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not to worry

From your description it sounds like you have developed a scar at the site of the injury; it will go away, but it may take several months.
Gentle massage of the area will help break up and soften the scar tissue. If there is a visible skin scar, take care to avoid sun exposure until all the pink is gone from the scar. Good luck!

In brief: Not to worry

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Best to have Plastic Surgeon evaluate and treat if needed..
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care