Someone bought me tea made w/ lavender flowers, lemon balm, & feverfew. Advertised as headache relief tea. Is it safe to use & if so how often?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Safe but

Whether it works or not is another question.
As for the dose, there is no scientific study on this especially given that the potency of the active ingredient(s) among different batches of the plants are not known and have not been standardized. Having said that, most people should be able to tolerate up to 4 cups of herbal tea daily as a rule of thumb- again just my personal opinion.

In brief: Safe but

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Yes,daily 4 migraine

This tea is quite safe (though rarely one may get side effects like stomach upset).
Lavender and Lemon balm can both help when you have a headache, whereas feverfew is more a preventive for migraines. If you have migraines use twice a day to prevent, otherwise use as needed for headaches. If you have migraines try Petasites, a butterbur extract, 50-75 mg 2x/day, one of the best-proven preventives.

In brief: Yes,daily 4 migraine

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Eric Weisman