Treatment for boils?

Drain. A furuncle is a boil, a purulent inflammation of a hair follicle. These usually pop, aided by a warm compress. If it does not do that in a couple of days, see your doctor to ascertain if it needs to be drained.
Hot soaks. Soaking the boil in very warm water or applying hot compresses with a clean cloth for 15-20 minutes at least 2-3 times a day. This should bring the boil to a head or cause it to rupture on its own. Sometimes boils need to be lanced since there is a lot of pain involved. Ibuprofen can help. But you may need a provider to look at it since you may require antibiotics, if severely infected.
Abscess Treatment. An abscess is a tender mass generally surrounded by a colored area from pink to deep red. Abscesses are often easy to feel by touching. The middle of an abscess is full of pus and debris. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/abscess#1.