I drank heavily last night, woke up with a typical hang over. I threw up once and layer back down only to have to get back up and throw up again with blood In my vomit. It was Dark red blood that was essentially intertwined with mucous. I also was experie

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: The bleeding is

NOT normal and is likely due to the mechanical effect of vomiting PLUS possible esophagitis/gsatritis form your alcohol abuse (YES this is considered alcohol "abuse:) Any more than a little bleeding should send you to the Emergency Room at once.
..if the bleeding is just ONCE and as you say "intertwined" with mucous you should recover. Use antacids for 24 hours and ASAP Talk FRANKLY with your PCP !

In brief: The bleeding is

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Vicken Poochikian