Do your skin peel with a light chemical peel? I'm trying to get rid of hyperpigmentation but only want a light peel. I'm African American

Yes it does. Yes it peels and that is why it is called peel . The chemicals used cause peeling of superficial skin layer. I don't know why you want to go through peel I suggest you consult a Dermatologist for your skin condition as there are other modalities available like Lasers and some creams which may be better option for your skin problem.we don't know how old you are&skin condi.