When I laugh hard, I develop phlegm in my throat. I had a sinus infection and been using nasal spray till now. Why does phlegm occur after laughed?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: It moves around/out!

I'm speaking from personal experience only.
Any big movement in the upper respiratory tract - laugh, cough, nose blow, big gasp, etc. moves the existing mucus and can break off sections of it allowing it to be expectorated (good!). It doesn't develop at that time - it becomes free to get out.

In brief: It moves around/out!

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Several

Post-nasal drips from allergic rhinitis and sinusitis can cause the cough but one needs to rule out asthma which often manifests just as a cough without wheezing or noticeably breathing problem (except with exertion).

In brief: Several

Dr. John Chiu
A smoker's cough can manifest in this manner as well. Triggers for asthma include cold air, exertion, or laughing hard.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology