I have a tiny bump on my tongue.Woke up with it.How do I stop it from hurting?

Pathology

In brief: Papillitis

This is probably transient lingual papillitis, with one or several of the little bumps normally on your tongue getting inflamed.
Treatment is usually unnecessary; an ice cube, anesthetic like oragel, an oral topical steroid, salt rinse, yoghurt, or melting a low-dose steroid (prednisone or relative) tablet against it may be best. If it persists >2 weeks have it seen.

In brief: Papillitis

Dr. Gregory Boger
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Try simple things

Warm salt water or peroxide rinses, tylenol (acetaminophen) or motrin.
If you can see a doctor you could get a rinse to numb it or a paste to help it heal faster. It is most likely a taste bud that got inflamed or traumatized by biting it. If it doesn't get better in a few days then you really should see a doctor.

In brief: Try simple things

Dr. Gregory Boger
Dr. Gregory Boger
Dr. Arnon Rubin