How can I tell if I going through depression? How can I treat it?

Dr. K. Olson

In brief: PHQ - 9

Many formal inventories to measure the existence and severity of depression exist.
One that is without copyright is the phq-9. Medications are indicated for moderate to severe depression - especially if initially unresponsive to psychotherapy. The types of psychotherapy that have been found to effective are: cognitive behavior, interpersonal, psychoanalytic.

In brief: PHQ - 9

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. William Drescher
The best way is to be evaluated by a mental health professional.
Dr. Divyansu Patel

In brief: Medication

If you feel depressed, low energy, change in sleep or appetite, decrease ability to concentrate, loss of interest, suicidal ideation, and feeling of hopelessness.
You can treat it by psychotherapy and medication. You should talk to your doctor for treatment options.

In brief: Medication

Dr. Divyansu Patel
Dr. Divyansu Patel
Dr. Julia Frank

In brief: Depression

Suggest you visit depression and bipolar support alliance dbsa.
Org for self assessment tools for depression.

In brief: Depression

Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. Julia Frank