Is partial response to drugs is the rule in ADHD treatment than remission ? Most RCT show maximum 40% reduction after 6 or 8 weeks? Is this true ?

Dr. Jacob Behrens

In brief: Not in my experience

RCT data is difficult to look past, but I can say that working with many ADHD patients and regularly tracking outcome scores, I find that utilizing treatments often results in remission of symptoms (as well as remission of depressive/anxiety symptoms that are also monitored along side (phq-9, gad-7, asrs).
Stimulant therapies for ADHD have some of the largest effect sizes as well.

In brief: Not in my experience

Dr. Jacob Behrens
Dr. Jacob Behrens
Dr. Johanna Fricke
I agree, if the symptoms of anxiety & depression are secondary to ADHD. With a comorbid Anxiety Disorder, stimulants can increase anxiety.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Clinical reduction

of significant symptoms of Inattention &/or Hyperactivity/Impulsivity that have caused harmful dysfunction in 2 settings since before age 10 is achieved in 80-90% of child & adult patients if a stimulant can be titrated to an optimal dose without significant side effects.
If not, adjunctive non-stimulant meds for ADHD can be added. Optimal daily management is multi-modal. See CHADD.org.

In brief: Clinical reduction

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Cindy Juster