Dr. I had a Knee replacement in Nov13/15, How can I get rid of this skin discoloration near the scar? They told me it was normal. Blood and liquid.

Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Skin discoloration

It is normal for you to get bruising around the knee following joint replacement.
If you are concerned about the scar itself thats a different issue. Bruising will generally take 2-4 weeks to resolve as the body has to absorb the blood cells - drinking plenty water helps. The scar may be inflammed as the sutures placed underneath are absorbed. But any drainage or fever needs to be seen

In brief: Skin discoloration

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams