Can you take flonase, afrin (oxymetazoline) and cefdinir all together? I was told to take the sprays right away. Not the antibiotic but Im congested and flying soon

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Forget the Afrin (oxymetazoline).

Flonase and Cefdinir can be taken together, but ONLY take the antibiotic if you were told you have a bacterial infection - I'm gathering that you're thinking to take this independently, which is not advised.
That being said, if you were to take them together, it would be fine. Don't bother with Afrin (oxymetazoline) - causes rhinitis medicamentosa - not enough room to explain, but I've posted about it before.

Dr. Alexander Blinski

In brief: Yes...

I usually do not recommend Afrin (oxymetazoline) (or like medication) for more than 2 days.
You risk a rebound congestion. Typically for flying and sinus infection I recommend: flonase, antibiotics, Afrin (oxymetazoline) before and after the flight, sedated before and after the flight, and ear-planes. www.bmednyc.com

In brief: Yes...

Dr. Arnon Rubin