Can severe anxiety and isolation cause delusions/hallucinations?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Yes, isolation and

anxiety can trigger temporary delusions and hallucinations.
A mental health professional can diagnose you and help you determine if this is the case or if some other condition is present. Peace and good health.

In brief: Yes, isolation and

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

Very much so! Humans are largely very social beings by nature, and are in need of at least some interaction.
I remember one of my professors during my undergraduate years who said to us: "If you were isolated from all human contact for a prolonged period of time, you would get weird." Very much so!

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry