Is mucus a problem with VCD? Would an asthma inhaler irritate VCD? Learning from an internet support forum. Doc says I may have VCD along with asthma.

Maybe. Vocal Cord Dysfunction can easily be confused with asthma and can be tricky to diagnose. Both can coexist. Mucous production is not a direct result of VCD but could perhaps be secondary to the irritant that triggered it. Asthma inhalers are not typically triggers of VCD in practice.
Asthma vs. VCD. Vocal cord dysfunction (VCD) or paradoxical vocal cord dysfunction is a condition that can mimic asthma but involves breathlessness focused in the throat area rather than lower airways where asthma usually hangs out. Can get a methacholine challenge test to confirm/deny asthma diagnosis and consider getting a videostroboscopy to evaluate VCD. Strong scents, not mucous typical trigger for VCD.