Was a gymnast for 9yrs&now dancer for 6yrs.I roll my ankle a lot&I did today. Felt a sharp pain all around it&my foot. It's a little better. Ideas?

In brief: OTC Ankle brace

I would wear a brace if i were you.
You're better off using an otc brace or splint that trying to tape yourself up at home. It's not as easy as the professional trainers make it look. You could also just see a podiatrist - many of us stock simple braces for simple sprains. The ones podiatrists stock are better than most found in stores.

In brief: OTC Ankle brace

I would wear a brace if i were you.
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger

In brief: Ankle instability

It sounds like you may have some lateral ankle instability.
Ankles sprains usually happen when one rolls their ankle inward. The ligaments on the outside of your ankle can be torn and sprained and if one has torn ligaments before, it can lead to instability of the ankle. Your orthopaedic surgeon should evaluate your ankle. In your profession, you may benefit from a Brostrom procedure. Good luck.

In brief: Ankle instability

Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
While awaiting an evaluation try rest, ice, compress and elevate.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine