Was prescribed Tramadol for pain. no longer taking Tramadol I am having a very hard time sleeping at night, withdrawals? Can I take flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) to help

In brief: Need more info

Advising you to take medication requires knowledge and understanding of your problems.
Only your treating doctor who was prescribing the tramadol knows whether flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) is right for your particular case. However, if you'd like to set up a virtual appointment then, perhaps we can help. To request an appointment write to: www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi Use Key Code: PDXFNR to set up an appointment.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Tadge Kanjo
Surgery

In brief: Narcotic Withdrawal

Tramadol was initially thought to be a "safe" alternative to typical narcotics.
Not true. Depending on how much and how long the drug was used and how rapidly the drug was stopped will impact withdrawal symptoms. What is clear is that these drugs affect neurotransmitter levels such as serotonin and norepinephrine. Treatment of withdrawal is not simple but I would be happy to help you further.

In brief: Narcotic Withdrawal

Dr. Tadge Kanjo
Dr. Tadge Kanjo
Dr. James Rotchford
Both pain and insomnia have something in common, often unrecognized elevated sympathetic tone..or one could say anxiety, stress, lack of homeostasis(withdrawal), I suggest a thorough evaluation for souces of "anxiety" before attributing it to withdrawal from Tramadol which generally is mild and relatively short duration.
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Tramadol

Unlikely for it to prevent sleeping other than up to 25% of patients receive a sedating side effect while taking Tramadol, so in its absence it may be harder to sleep for 5-6 days

In brief: Tramadol

Dr. Rick Pospisil
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Dr. Vikram Patel