Had sigmoidoscopy to straighten out a twisted bowel - sigmoid volvulus. Afterwards, I pooped 11 times clearing 6 days of constipation in 1 day, but since then - 3 days - only passing clear liquid even though I've been eating well. Is this normal? Am I co

Dr. Yasmin Pirani

In brief: Most Important

The most important things to consider are: are you in pain AND are you passing gas? If you are passing gas, and not in pain, these are good signs.

In brief: Most Important

Dr. Yasmin Pirani
Dr. Yasmin Pirani
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Bowels after sigmoid

This would not be unusual - the 11 stools represent your system being plugged up from the volvulus.
And since that time - you are getting only liquid - it takes the bowels at least several days to move things along. I would anticipate resumption of "normal" bowels within the next day or so.

In brief: Bowels after sigmoid

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery