Can cold I jury really kill organ tissue? tell me more.

Dr. John cuong Doan

In brief: Cold injury can kill

organ tissue, however it requires exposure time for that to happen.
The colder the temperature, the less exposure time necessary. For example, at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, it may take longer for a tissue to die than at 15 degrees F. The mechanism involves degeneration of live tissue due to direct physical contact with frozen intracellular fluid as well inability to exchange materials across membra

In brief: Cold injury can kill

Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: Cold injury

Yes, excessive low temperature over an extended time can cause severe damage with eventual death to the organs that keep you alive including kidneys , heart and liver

In brief: Cold injury