How can normalize my sleep with natural treatments or diet?

Dr. Theodore Cole

In brief: Schedule

Keep as regular a schedule as possible, going to bed and getting up at the same time.
Avoid all stimulants (coffee, chocolate, etc) after 12pm. Make sure you're room is dark and noise free. Stop watching tv or using the computer an hour before bedtime. Exercise in the morning or early afternoon. And a nice cup of chamomile tea before bed never hurts.

In brief: Schedule

Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Theodore Cole
3 comments
Dr. Daniel McGee
Avoiding refined sugars and processed foods may also help. Several medications can disrupt normal sleep cycles. Over the counter Melatonin 2 to 3mg at bedtime helps, the only common side effect being vivid dreams for some people. It can be taken as a pill but I like using the sublingual spray. Regular exercise also helps, but it should be done at least 3 or 4 hours prior to bedtime.
Dr. Bronwyn Woods
If the sleep hygeien described above doesn t help try some otc melatonin 3mg 20 minutes before bedtime.
Dr. Andrea Brand