What are some ways for someone to control anxiety and depression orther than medication? I don't want to take pills

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Stay active

Exercising regularly and staying physically and socially active would be the key to keep your depression and anxiety under control.
Another key is to have a strong support system with your friends and family. So when you have rough times, they are there to listen to you and encourage you along the way. Also find a primary care physician, a psychiatrist and a therapist who will work with you.

In brief: Stay active

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Many ways

I don't know where you got the idea that you had to take pills to control your anxiety and depression, but there are certainly many ways to manage anxiety and depression, depending on various factors such as the severity of your symptoms, triggers, the degree of neurochemical imbalances and how motivated you are, you could try psychotherapy, especially cognitive behavioral, mindfulness practice.
..

In brief: Many ways

..
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Eric Weisman