My wisdom teeth are coming in, and the lower left one has been sore lately, which I attributed to teething pains. This morning, I found that the gum on the outward side of the tooth right in front of it is soft, squishy, and tender. It also does not seem

Inflamation. Possibly infection, or eruption induced inflammation, or impacted food debris. See your Dentist to assure that wisdom teeth are erupting properly, not problematicly, and to evaluate and, if necessary, treat your gums. Your Dentist may refer you on to a wisdom tooth specialist, an Oral Surgeon.
Removal is best. Hi there, what you experienced is very common for wisdom teeth -- in fact, that is probably the number one reason people have them taken out. Please visit a dentist near you and have it evaluated for extraction.