So I fell down the stairs at my mother's house, and I heard my bones crack and pop in my right foot. Is it sprained or broken? It hurts when I walk.

In brief: Get a X-ray

If you heard a crack and you can not put a lot of weight on your foot.
If your foot iis bruised and swollen, it would be prudent to get your foot X-rayed to see if you fractured your foot.

In brief: Get a X-ray

Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. Lorry Melnick

In brief: Ankle Trauma

If you fell down the stairs and heard a loud pop in your ankle, go and visit your doctor. Doctors use the Ottawa ankle rules to determine who needs an x-ray after ankle trauma.
If you were unable to bear weight immediately after your injury and you are unable to bear weight in the emergency room, you will get x-rays. Read about strains here:http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00150

In brief: Ankle Trauma

Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr

In brief: Foot injury

The only way to know if you sprained or fractured a bone in your foot is to have an x-ray taken.
You should see a podiatrist for evaluation as soon as possible.

In brief: Foot injury

Dr. Jordan Steinberg
Dr. Jordan Steinberg
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Can also see an orthopaedic surgeon
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine