I was just told that my 12 point EKG came out as a 430. Is this good? I had it done so I could get on a certain Med for gastroparethesis.

In brief: QT interval

Hi BockB, You probably had your EKG performed to check the QT interval in order to take metroclopromide for your gastroparesis.
Bring your EKG to the doctor who wants you to take the medication. The corrected QT interval should be under 450 in female patients. See this link below: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3722580/

In brief: QT interval

Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: I am afraid that

what you have described makes no sense.
I think you mean a 12-lead EKG and I bet what you are referring to is the QTc. That means you are probably OK but I have no idea what gastroparethesis is. Perhaps you mean gastroparesis in which case the treatment that might be being proposed is Prochlorperazine which could cause QT prolongation which would be dangerous. Yours is OK to start so it is good.

In brief: I am afraid that

what you have described makes no sense.
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine