What are some causes of a popping prickly sensation in head. It's not an obvious feeling. I also get prickly sensations in my arms at the same time ?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: This sounds ...

quite subtle. Having prickly sensations of the SCALP is not that uncommon but do you really mean within your head? The association of prickly sensations in the arms could be either good (probably) or bad.
Good...meaning it is probably a manifestation of anxiety and you can manage. Bad...meaning there's something going on in your head that's affecting your arms. Must see Doc for eval/testing/MRI.

In brief: This sounds ...

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Louise Andrew
The other thing that comes to mind is Niacin treatment. If you happen to be taking that, it could explain everything!
Dr. Steven Seres